Recipe by Ck2plz
This is from "Treasury of Cooking Healthy." You can play with the amount of sesame seeds.
Top Review by Nif
This was a great combination of some of my favourite foods - pasta, spinach and sesame. I would probably double, even triple, the amount of sesame seeds just because I really like them. I did substitute butter for the margarine (personal taste) and used black and white sesame seeds. This was thoroughly enjoyed with Recipe #436445 and mixed veggies. Made for my adopted chef for PAC 2011. Thanks Ck2plz! :)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sesame seeds in a small skillet. Cooke over medium heat until golden brown, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions, omitting salt. Drain and set aside.
- Melt margarine in medium skillet. Add spinach and garlic; cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Stir in milk, cheese, oregano, paprika, pepper and seeds; serve immediately.