Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Such an easy side dish and very flavorful!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sesame seeds in a dry, non stick skillet and toast seeds for 3-4 minutes, or until brown. Keep a steady eye so they don't burn. Set aside.
- Cut bottoms off of asparagus and wash.
- In large ziplock bag, combine 1/2 the olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Shake it and mix it.
- Add asparagus to the bag and toss to coat.
- Spread asparagus out evenly and spaced out on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over asparagus evenly. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes and test with a fork for the tenderness you desire.
A lot of great flavor here! I use stoneware, so I used a bit of olive oil spray and I never had to drizzle that last 1/8 C oil. Also, I always use kosher salt when I roast veggies. Wonderful zip with the red pepper flakes. If I made this again, I think I'd skip the sesame seeds and add a bit of sesame oil to the baggie instead. Thanks for a yummy side dish!