Recipe by Perfect Pixie
I didn't know what to call this, I made it up for lunch today as I was bored. The thing it reminded me of most was a toasted sandwich. it is easily adapted to wheat/gluten free. pure comfort food
Top Review by I'mPat
I really enjoyed this for breakfast this morning thank you. As we don't get dairylea in Australia and the equivalent type of cheese by Kraft I don't like (call it plastic cheese) I used a smooth creamy ricotta and for the baked beans I used my recipe of recipe #226233 which has bacon in it so didn't use the ham. I used a sharp vintage cheddar and aged parmesan and the taste of the 3 cheeses with the smokiness of the baked beans with the bacon on the warm soft english muffin was delectable. Thank you Perfect Pixie, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup.
- 1 English muffin (gluten free can be used)
- 1 slice dairylea cheese
- 200 g baked beans
- 14.79 ml grated parmesan cheese (about)
- 59.14 ml mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-2 slice thick ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut muffin in half, toast and butter if you feel necessary (I didn't).
- Heat the baked beans gently.
- Place the muffin halves in a oven-proof dish it will cover the base of.
- Place a Dairylea slice on the muffin, then the ham.
- Top with baked beans.
- Sprinkle with parmesan then cheddar.
- Heat for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- NOTE: I added breadcrumbs but felt that they took too long to brown, it does add a bit of crunch though if you want to add to the topping.