- 2 slices bread, your choice
- 2 -3 slices sweet onions, very thin slices (walla walla type, more if you wish)
- 2 -3 ounces of aged sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- butter or margarine, to spread
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread slices fairly crisp.
- Butter toast on both sides, lay cheese slices on toast, add onion slices over cheese, grind pepper over onions.
- Lay more cheese slices over onion.
- Place second piece of toast on top and squish down.
- Place on a cookie sheet under oven broiler, about 5 or 6 inches from heat.
- Turn over when that side is golden and the cheese has started to melt.
- Leave under broiler until the second side is golden and the cheese is ooozing out of sides.
- Place on a luncheon plate, cut in two and enjoy!