Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fried Ravioli is a favorite on "Italian Night". The raviolis can be homemade, or store bought. Many people like sweet filling in their fried Ravioli, but my favorite is mushroom and cheese.
- 1 (16 ounce) jarof your favorite tomato sauce
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 24 filled ravioli
- In a shallow bowl, beat the milk and eggs together.
- One at a time, coat the ravioli with egg mixture and then with bread crumbs, and place on waxed paper.
- In batches, without crowding, deep fry the ravioli until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Keep the ravioli warm in the oven while frying the rest of the batch.
- Serve warm, not piping hot, with the tomato sauce.