Recipe by **Jubes**
Great dish- gluten free to serve as a side or beneath a grilled salmon steak or a grilled chicken breast piece. Similar to a cous cous salad. If gluten free- ensure GF tamari or soy sauce is used Serves 2 as a main with some salmon or chicken, or 4 as a side serve. Editted to add- this recipe is from http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/food/freshtv/785505/salmon-with-toasted-quinoa-salad- with regards to the name- there is no actual toasting of the quinoa done. I think the name is just in reference to the colour of the dish perhaps
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon other citrus juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh chili pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse quinoa and drain (as you would with rice). Place in small saucepan with 1½-2 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer (12-15 minutes) until tender and all water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Mix carrot, capsicum, parsley, coriander and Spanish onion in large bowl. Add cold quinoa and toss to combine. Whisk together citrus juice, tamari, ginger, garlic and chili. Pour over salad and combine well.