Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
QUinoa ginger mango heaven modified from nut cluster recipe on cookingquinoa.com
- 354.88 ml water
- 177.44 ml quinoa, rinsed
- 354.88 ml old fashioned oats
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds
- 118.29 ml pistachios, chopped
- 177.44 ml dried mango, chopped
- 118.29 ml crystallized ginger, chopped
- 59.14 ml raw organic sugar
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml dried ginger powder
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes and drain. Quinoa will be slightly under cooked but will continue to cook in the oven.
- 2. Place quinoa on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add oats and cook for 15 more minutes. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- 3. Combine quinoa mixture, nuts, mango, ginger, sugar and salt. In a separate bowl combine maple syrup, oil, vanilla and eggs. Combine with quinoa mixture.
- 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Make clusters by placing 1/4 cup of mixture on baking shed and flattening to 1/4 inch inch. Bake for 25 minutes, rotating cookie sheet half way through. Allow to cool on wire rack. Store in air tight container.