Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Toasted pumpkin seeds are a delight when seasoned with rosemary! This is a recipe from Silver Ravenwolf's Halloween Book.
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- Rinse pumpkin seeds.
- Boil water. Add salt.
- Pour seeds into boiling water.
- Boil until seeds are soft. (They should turn brownish-gray and many will slip to the bottom of the pot.).
- Drain the broiled seeds ion a colander, and pat seeds dry. Put in a bpwl with olive oil, salt, and the rosemary.
- Mix lightly. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the seeds on a large cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Make a single layer of seeds (don't have any little piles).
- Put seeds in oven 20-30 minutes. If the seeds turn brown, you are overcooking them. They should look white and dry. You do not need to turn theb seeds. When finished, use a spatula to slide the seeds off the foil and into a bowl. Allow to cool before little hands touch them.
Great recipe. The rosemary is a great addition. My husband tried them and said, "These are even better than last year." Thanks for posting.
I really like this recipe. I liked boiling the seeds first and then roasting. The rosemary added a great flavor. A really great twist on the traditional pumpkin seeds.