Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are a cinch to make, but you must let them set up and then cool down. Feel free to double.
- In large pot, combine all ingredients.
- Let stand for at least 24 hours at room temperature.
- Heat oven to 200F degrees.
- Drain seeds.
- Butter large cookie sheet.
- Place seeds on sheet.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Turn oven off, leave in oven until cooled completely.
I gave this 4 stars. I loved toasted pumpkin seeds as a kid. We made ours different. We didn't use water we left ours out to dry on a cookie then bake them and salted them when still hot. I haven't had these since I was a kid. Thanks christine (internetnut)
These were SO GOOD! And easy to make, too. They were actually easier to make than the ones that you boil, since you can just put them in the pot and do whatever you want until it's time to bake them. I made a curry flavored salty coating for one batch, and a sweet brown sugar & cinnamon coating for a second batch. YUM-MY!