Recipe by LMillerRN
From Everyday Italian.
Top Review by twissis
While I didn't make your recipe exactly, the toasted pound cake idea & my Tex-Mex roots inspired me to make a spectacular strawberry margarita variation. I mixed 1/2 cup strawberry preserves w/8 oz cream cheese & 2 packets of Holland House Margarita Instant Drink Mix (non-alcoholic). Then I generously put that mixture over the pound cake w/a couple fresh strawberries on the side. I was in heaven!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) sliced poundcake, cut crosswise into 12 slices
- 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur (recommended ( Amaretto)
- 2⁄3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pound cake slices on a large heavy baking sheet and toast in oven for 7 to 10 minutes until the slices turn golden brown. Alternatively, toast the pound cake slices in an electric toaster until golden.
- Stir the apricot preserves and amaretto in a small bowl to blend.
- Place 1 cake slice atop each of 6 plates. Spoon the mascarpone cheese atop the cake slices. Arrange the remaining cake slices offset atop the bottom cake slices. Spoon the apricot mixture over. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve immediately.