Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I borrowed this recipe from Giada on FoodTV It is delicious.
- 1 vanilla flavored poundcake, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. (10 3/4 ounces, even number)
- 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves (or jam put in blender)
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pound cake slices on a baking sheet and toast in oven until the slices turn golden brown. (or put in toaster).
- Stir the apricot preserves and amaretto together. Warm slightly.
- Place 1/2 of the cake slices on plates. Put 1 full tablespoon mascarpone cheese on each cake slice. Put the remaining cake slices at an offset on top of the cheese. Spoon the apricot/amaretto mixture on top of the cake. Add the almonds. Serve immediately while warm.