- 295.73 ml water or 295.73 ml broth
- 236.59 ml couscous
- 4.92 ml butter or 4.92 ml margarine (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 14.79 ml olive oil or 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml pine nuts, chopped
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add couscous, butter and salt.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Topping: Heat the oil in a shallow pan.
- Cook"topping" ingredients except parmesan until the garlic becomes golden.
- Mix the warm topping with the couscous.
- Toss with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.