- 1 1⁄4 cups water or 1 1⁄4 cups broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add couscous, butter and salt.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Topping: Heat the oil in a shallow pan.
- Cook"topping" ingredients except parmesan until the garlic becomes golden.
- Mix the warm topping with the couscous.
- Toss with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.