Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe when we lived in Decatur, AL from the Cotton Country Cookbook. Their description: "Allowing for one or two possible exceptions, there is nothing as delicious as fresh pecan halves, toasted in butter and salted. A bowlful on the coffee table before dinner;a silver nut dish full at a tea; containers scattered around at a big cocktail party; a dish of pecans on your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner tables -all speak eloquently of Southern hospitality." And besides my husband loves them!
- In a heavy skillet melt butter ( I use my cast iron skillet).
- Add pecans and cook until warm and well coated with butter.
- Spread out on large baking sheet and toast 10 to 15 minutes in 300 or 325 degreee oven.
- Place on paper towels with newpaper underneath.
- While hot, salt; turn and salt again. ( I just shake to make sure that they are salted.