Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe I found researching Jasmati rice. Jasmati is the American Jasmine Rice. http://www.riceselect.com/jasmati.htm I haven't tried this! I do need an ice cream machine! It's on my wish list!
- Combine milk and cream in saucepan and scald.
- Cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until light.
- Gradually whisk into hot milk mixture.
- Add the cooked rice and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, about 20 minutes.
- Cool custard to room temperature, stirring often.
- Pour a little at a time into blender container, pulsing several times to break up grains.
- Stir in toasted pecans.
- Pour into ice-cream freezer can (if it doesn't come up to fill line of can, add additional milk).
- Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.