This recipe I found researching Jasmati rice. Jasmati is the American Jasmine Rice. http://www.riceselect.com/jasmati.htm I haven't tried this! I do need an ice cream machine! It's on my wish list!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk and cream in saucepan and scald.
- 2Cool slightly.
- 3Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until light.
- 4Gradually whisk into hot milk mixture.
- 5Add the cooked rice and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, about 20 minutes.
- 6Cool custard to room temperature, stirring often.
- 7Pour a little at a time into blender container, pulsing several times to break up grains.
- 8Stir in toasted pecans.
- 9Pour into ice-cream freezer can (if it doesn't come up to fill line of can, add additional milk).
- 10Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Pecan Rice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (3212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1813.0
- Calories from Fat 744
- Total Fat 82.7 g
- Saturated Fat 39.1 g
- Cholesterol 425.7 mg
- Sodium 343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 238.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 101.7 g
- Protein 32.6 g