Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is included in my Banana Bars recipe, but I like to make it to top spice cakes, carrot cakes and so much more. Got have this one. It's so good.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly and watching closely, until butter just starts to turn golden (5 to 6 minutes. Butter will get foamy and bubble.)
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Combine browned butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese and vanilla in small bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (2 to 3 minutes).
- Frost cooled bars.
- Sprinkle with pecans.