Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
from marthastewart.com. Cook time does not include chill time
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pecan halves, toasted (1 cup)
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Break each pecan half into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until pale. With mixer running, add vanilla and salt, then reduce speed to low.
- Gradually add flour, beating until just incorporated.
- Stir in pecans until distributed evenly.
- Cover dough, and refrigerate until firm, 15 minutes (or overnight; let dough come to room temperature before using).
- Drop 2-tablespoon scoops of dough onto baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges of cookies are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks, and let cool.
- Cookies will keep, covered, for up to 2 days.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.