1/1 Photo of Toasted Peach Sandwich
It's too hot to bake and I wanted something sweet. Taking my cue from the Bread Machine Applesauce Granola Bread that I had left and some peaches that needed using up, I built a fun and tasty dessert sandwich. Brioche or challah bread would probably work well as would other soft fruits. Experiment with what you have on hand. The results might surprise you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slather 1 side of each bread slice with cream cheese.
- 2On 2 bread slices, arrange peaches accordion style; sprinkle peaches with sugar and nutmeg.
- 3Close up the sandwiches.
- 4Spread butter on 1 side of the bread.
- 5Put butter side down in medium-hot frying pan.
- 6Carefully butter top bread slices.
- 7Toast on each side until bread is golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- 8Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Peach Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 437.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g