Recipe by SusieQusie
It's too hot to bake and I wanted something sweet. Taking my cue from the Bread Machine Applesauce Granola Bread that I had left and some peaches that needed using up, I built a fun and tasty dessert sandwich. Brioche or challah bread would probably work well as would other soft fruits. Experiment with what you have on hand. The results might surprise you!
Top Review by rlocati1
Love the fresh fruit and experimenting with herbs of different kinds-can take it chutney direction with Indian spices or even basil, mint or fennel, and ginger, nutmeg cinnamon combo as seen in some cobblers. Fun to experiment. Good as written too. Thank You.
- 4 slices bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (use mascarpone if you have it)
- 1 ripe sweet peach, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slather 1 side of each bread slice with cream cheese.
- On 2 bread slices, arrange peaches accordion style; sprinkle peaches with sugar and nutmeg.
- Close up the sandwiches.
- Spread butter on 1 side of the bread.
- Put butter side down in medium-hot frying pan.
- Carefully butter top bread slices.
- Toast on each side until bread is golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar if desired.