Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
It's too hot to bake and I wanted something sweet. Taking my cue from the Bread Machine Applesauce Granola Bread that I had left and some peaches that needed using up, I built a fun and tasty dessert sandwich. Brioche or challah bread would probably work well as would other soft fruits. Experiment with what you have on hand. The results might surprise you!
- Slather 1 side of each bread slice with cream cheese.
- On 2 bread slices, arrange peaches accordion style; sprinkle peaches with sugar and nutmeg.
- Close up the sandwiches.
- Spread butter on 1 side of the bread.
- Put butter side down in medium-hot frying pan.
- Carefully butter top bread slices.
- Toast on each side until bread is golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar if desired.
this is such a fun idea! i had a slightly squashed peach to get rid of and what a great way to do it! i was out of nutmeg, instead i used pumpkin pie spice. i have seen this done with apple, peaches are way better because you don't have to cook then first. this would also be a great idea for a dessert camping pie or in a toasted sandwich maker. thanks for sharing SusieQusie!