Recipe by KPD
This creamy orzo is so rich and yummy! Enjoy!
Top Review by cooking with love
We liked this a lot. I simmered it for awhile until it did the creamy thing. I wasn't sure how much onion to use so I just used a small one. Next time (there will be a next time) I will use more onion. But it was still good. I have never had orzo before. Now I will make it more. Made for PAC spring 2010. Thank you.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups orzo pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown orzo in 3 tablespoons butter, stirring often until pasta is toasted and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to orzo and cook until pasta is tender. You could drain pasta, but I like to cook it down a little more and leave it creamy.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onions and garlic cloves until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add onions and garlic, toasted pine nuts, and fresh parsley to orzo. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You could serve straight away, or you could leave it in a warm oven until the rest of your meal is ready!