Toasting the orzo really makes this dish. It gives it a nutty flavour, very nice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add orzo and stir until beginning to color, about 10 minutes.
- 3Transfer orzo to small bowl.
- 4Add onion and bacon to same skillet.
- 5Sauté until bacon browns and onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 6Add 3 1/4 cups broth and orzo and bring to boil.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until broth is absorbed and orzo is tender, about 18 minutes.
- 8Mix in peas.
- 9Add more broth if mixture is dry.
- 10Cover and cook until peas are just warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Orzo With Peas, Onion and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 921.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 18.7 g