Top Review by marysue
I thought the recipe was very good. However, it lacked a little zip so I added 2 tablespoons of drained capers and it did the trick. Yummy! I agree that you could use less butter for health sake without losing much flavor but I use the full amount for special occasions.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 cups canned chicken broth
- 6 scallions
- 6 large button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in medium saucepan.
- Add orzo and stir until pasta is toasted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, bring to a boil and cook pasta until done; drain.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan.
- Add scallions and mushrooms and cook until crisp-tender.
- Add pine nuts, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cooked orzo and fresh parsley, and heat through.