Recipe by Loves2Teach
A great potato recipe I've been making for years. Everyone loves it at my house.
Top Review by Mirj
Ooooooooooooh myyyyyyyyyyy God!!!!!!!! If you had been sitting next to me after eating these potatoes you would have thought I was Meg Ryan in that famous scene from When Harry Met Sally. To make this even more orgasmic I used cream instead of milk and added some chives and fresh dill. Thanks, Bethany, with this dish people at the next table will always want to have what I'm having!
- 4 -5 medium potatoes (red can be used)
- 12 ounces sour cream (about 3/4 container)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped garlic (or as much garlic as you like)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Leave skins on potatoes, cut into quarters.
- Boil till tender.
- While potatoes are boiling, sauté garlic and onion in butter till browned.
- Drain potatoes and place in large bowl.
- mix all ingredients with potatoes and stir, slightly mashing the potatoes.
- This should have a more mashed consistency than potato salad, but not mashed like mashed potatoes.