Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great potato recipe I've been making for years. Everyone loves it at my house.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes (red can be used)
- 12 ounces sour cream (about 3/4 container)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped garlic (or as much garlic as you like)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Leave skins on potatoes, cut into quarters.
- Boil till tender.
- While potatoes are boiling, sauté garlic and onion in butter till browned.
- Drain potatoes and place in large bowl.
- mix all ingredients with potatoes and stir, slightly mashing the potatoes.
- This should have a more mashed consistency than potato salad, but not mashed like mashed potatoes.
Ooooooooooooh myyyyyyyyyyy God!!!!!!!! If you had been sitting next to me after eating these potatoes you would have thought I was Meg Ryan in that famous scene from When Harry Met Sally. To make this even more orgasmic I used cream instead of milk and added some chives and fresh dill. Thanks, Bethany, with this dish people at the next table will always want to have what I'm having!
Oh YUM! Instead of butter I sauted bacon with the onion and garlic, other than that I followed the instructions. I will surely serve this dish to company. Thanks for sharing Bethany!
I did not peel the 4 medium potatoes that I used. The onions and garlic(6 cloves, chopped) I cooked slowly till they were browned. They added great flavor to this dish. Company quality recipe!