Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from Martha Stewart's living magazine.
Make and share this Toasted Oatmeal With Walnuts and Apricots. recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup walnut halves
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats, steel cut
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds, freshly ground
- 4 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- spread walnuts and oats on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- bake until walnuts are toasted and oats are golden brown (about 10 minutes for walnuts and 12 minutes for oats).
- bring water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- stir in oats, apricots, cinnamon, and salt.
- return to a boil.
- reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until oats are tender and thickened, about 25 minutes.
- chop nuts.
- spoon oatmeal into 4 bowls.
- sprinkle each serving with walnuts and flaxseed, and drizzle with honey.
- serve immediately.