Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins, chocolate chips or 1 cup coconut (optional)
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over oats.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Beat in sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour oat mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with raisins if using.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- If you like, sprinkle the tops with rolled oats before baking.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.