Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
They take a bit of time to whip up, but worth it.
Make and share this Toasted Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Evenly spread oats AND walnuts in ungreased jelly roll pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown; cool completely.
- Beat together brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Gradually add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
- Stir in the toasted oatmeal/walnut mixture.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool on a wire rack.
Nice cookies. These came out on the soft and caky side. Nevertheless, the toasted oat give them a nice flavor.
Reviewed and photographed for Photo Tag Fall 2007. Parsley...these are DELICIOUS!!! The toastie oats and walnuts just make this cookie!I did'nt even add chocolate chips because I wanted to taste them in their natural flavours and I am so glad I did'nt.Thanks for this unique cookie recipe!
great cookies Parsley, I agreee that toasting the oatmeal and nuts bring out more flavor, to avoid excess spreading I chilled the dough overnight, I also increased the vanilla by 1 teaspoon, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)