Recipe by *Parsley*
They take a bit of time to whip up, but worth it.
Top Review by pokerddiva
My family voted these the best ever cookie, and that says a lot! These truly are wonderful cookies! I added a cup of dried cherries and a tablespoon of orange zest which made them even more amazing. These cookies do spread, making a thin cookie, which is one of the reasons they are so delicious. Proper spacing is key so they don't spread into each other. They are crisp on the outside and moist towards the center. Such a wonderful recipe. Thank you so much!
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Evenly spread oats AND walnuts in ungreased jelly roll pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown; cool completely.
- Beat together brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Gradually add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
- Stir in the toasted oatmeal/walnut mixture.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool on a wire rack.