Kitty Z's Note:
My old roommate used to cook this all the time as a quick and easy yogurt topping. I also think it's nice with a little bit of cream instead. Please use butter if you can stand it, there's no comparison!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter or margarine in a small frying pan over medium/medium low heat.
- 2Add the oatmeal and stir so that it is evenly coated.
- 3Cook until the oatmeal starts turning golden brown and a little crunchy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add the brown sugar, again stirring well to coat the oatmeal.
- 5Cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until the brown sugar is completely melted and dispersed, and the oatmeal is very golden brown.
- 6Serve on top of yogurt, or with a small amount of milk or cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 126.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g