Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 mins
My old roommate used to cook this all the time as a quick and easy yogurt topping. I also think it's nice with a little bit of cream instead. Please use butter if you can stand it, there's no comparison!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt (or any flavor you like)
- Melt butter or margarine in a small frying pan over medium/medium low heat.
- Add the oatmeal and stir so that it is evenly coated.
- Cook until the oatmeal starts turning golden brown and a little crunchy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, again stirring well to coat the oatmeal.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until the brown sugar is completely melted and dispersed, and the oatmeal is very golden brown.
- Serve on top of yogurt, or with a small amount of milk or cream.
Made for PAC Fall 09. Loved this over yogurt...toasty nutty sweet flavour.
I cut way back on the butter so it took quite a while longer to brown the oatmeal but it still tasted nutty and absolutely wonderful on top of Greek yogurt. Great recipe, Kitty Z.