Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Easy cookie to bake! 8)
Top Review by vrvrvr
Sorry to say, this just did not work for us. All of my ingredients were fresh. Even though the walnuts and oats did not look burned, I suspect that both the oven temp and amount of time for toasting were too high. I followed these directions very carefully, but the cookie taste was way off... burnt and greasy. The low amount of flour produced a grainy dough that spread very thin while baking and then got brittle after cooling. Nobody liked these. Sadly both cookies and remaining dough went into the trash.
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick oats or 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place oats and walnuts into a ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x1-inches.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown; let cool.
- Combine the brown sugar, margarine, vanilla extract and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in oat mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then remove from sheet to cool on wire rack.