1/1 Photo of Toasted Oat and Barley Crumble
1 hr 10 mins
Chef #1802637928's Note:
Butter poached halibut, satsuma orange, grilled mushroom, flowering herbs, toasted barley and oats. This recipe is a part of the Kitchensurfing "spring tasting" menu: www.kitchensurfing.com/menus/spring-tasting-533d8c9ecfa7779c3d000002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring barley, stock and salt to a boil in a medium pot.
- 2Reduce heat, and cook at a simmer for 20 minutes or until done.
- 3Meanwhile, in a heavy bottom pan, add oats, thyme, pepper and butter. Toast to a light brown, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 4Strain and cool barley after it is cooked.
- 5Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Add toasted oats and barley to a mixing bowl. Add sugar and egg whites.
- 7Mix gently to create a sandy consistency.
- 8Bake on parchment or non-stick mat.
- 9While baking, stir the cooking mixture every 5-7 minutes. Bake until the mixture is golden and appears dry, about 15-20 minutes.
- 10Allow to cool and break apart as desired. Season with salt as desired.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Oat and Barley Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 1391.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 14.3 g