Tasty morsels, a great appetizer!! (1 hour chill time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1/2 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet red peppers or 1/3 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 (125 g) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slices whole wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1In a large frypan, heat 1 tablespoon of the margarine over medium heat.
- 2Add mushrooms, onion and sweet pepper; saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add garlic; saute 1 minute more.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in cheese and basil until smooth.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper, set aside.
- 7Roll slices of bread lightly with a rolling pin to flatten.
- 8Spread about 2 tablespoons of the filling on each slice.
- 9Roll up tightly;fasten with a toothpick.
- 10Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- 11Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- 12(Roll-ups may be frozen for up to 2 weeks. Defrost 30 minutes before baking.) Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of margarine, brush over bread rolls.
- 13Bake at 400f degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- 14Remove toothpicks; cut each roll into 3 pieces.
- 15Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Mushroom Roll-ups
Serving Size: 1 (958 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 75.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g