Chef mariajane's Note:
June is the time for events like anniversaries, graduations, bridal showers and other celebrations. So it makes sense to include meringues on the menu. They are a mixture of stiffly beaten egg whites and granulated sugar. These elegant meringue clouds also marry well with ice cream, custard, whipped cream or fresh berries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°F Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. Place almonds in a single layer in a dry skillet, and turn heat to medium. Toast, stirring occasionally, until amonds are fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- 2Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 3Using a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip egg whites on medium speed to soften peaks about 1-2 minutes.
- 4With the mixer running, add granulated sugar in 3 parts, waiting 20 seconds between additions.
- 5Using a rubber spatula, fold in confectioners' sugar and salt. Fold in 1 cups toasted almonds.
- 6Using slotted, scoop out large oval-shaped mounds of meringue and place on the lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- 7Bake for 2 hours. Turn off oven, Leave clouds to dry in oven overnight.
- 8Remove clouds from the tray and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Meringue Almond Clouds
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 104.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g