Recipe by NicoletteL
This recipe came from a craving for a toasted sandwich. It's real easy to make. I guesstimated (high) on cooking time, since I never watch the clock as I cook, sorry.
- 1 loaf crusty bread (such as ciabatta)
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and frozen)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 12 basil leaves
- 8 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Take chicken, put in shallow baking dish, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until no longer pink, 30-40 minutes.
- While cooking slice bread into chunky sandwich slices and butter.
- When chicken is done take out and set oven to broil, place bread under broiler. **Watch the bread, it only takes a couple of minutes and will burn very quickly.**.
- Remove bread and keep broiler on.
- Cut the chicken in half, to make it thinner.
- Slice the avocado.
- Take the toasted bread bottoms, layer; 1 slice cheese, 1/2 of 1 chicken breast, 2 tomato slices, 3 basil leaves, 2 slices of avocado, 1/2 slice of chicken, 1 slice of cheese.
- When finished put top of sandwiches on and press down with palm of your hand.
- Stick back under broiler until cheese is melted, *watch closely*.
- I serve with a side salad.