This recipe came from a craving for a toasted sandwich. It's real easy to make. I guesstimated (high) on cooking time, since I never watch the clock as I cook, sorry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Take chicken, put in shallow baking dish, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until no longer pink, 30-40 minutes.
- 3While cooking slice bread into chunky sandwich slices and butter.
- 4When chicken is done take out and set oven to broil, place bread under broiler. **Watch the bread, it only takes a couple of minutes and will burn very quickly.**.
- 5Remove bread and keep broiler on.
- 6Cut the chicken in half, to make it thinner.
- 7Slice the avocado.
- 8Take the toasted bread bottoms, layer; 1 slice cheese, 1/2 of 1 chicken breast, 2 tomato slices, 3 basil leaves, 2 slices of avocado, 1/2 slice of chicken, 1 slice of cheese.
- 9When finished put top of sandwiches on and press down with palm of your hand.
- 10Stick back under broiler until cheese is melted, *watch closely*.
- 11I serve with a side salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Italian Chicken Panini
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.0
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.4 mg
- Sodium 1151.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 54.7 g