Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very impressive recipe. You can alter the veggies to whatever you have on hand.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 green zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 2 yellow zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered,seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered,seeded
- 1⁄4 cup basil chiffonade
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely-chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb israeli couscous
- vegetable stock, heated
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic, slowly add the olive oil and whisk until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 the marinade over the vegetables and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the vegetables from the marinade and grill the vegetables until just cooked through.
- Cut the zucchini and peppers into 1/2-inch pieces, cut the tomatoes in half.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the couscous and toast until lightly golden brown.
- Cover the couscous with the hot stock and bring to a boil; cook until al dente and drain well.
- Place in a large serving bowl, add the grilled vegetables and herbs and toss with the remaining vinaigrette.
- Serve at room temperature.
Mirjam, I have never tasted anything like this!!! I followed the recipe quite closely but did add... sweet potatoes (early)I brought back from NC and brocolli (late) in the roasting process...What impressed me was the role vinegar played in this dish... It really brightened all the flavors..basil, garlic... I bet this dish is an excellent hot weather dish. Thanks so much for posting! =)
too much oil, I wouldadd toasted pine nuts
Yum! Made this last weekend because I just discovered Israeli couscous (I like them better than "regular" couscous). Didn't make any changes and it was great.