Prep 1 min
Cook 12 mins
I love hazelnuts and I didn't see a recipe for how to toast them then remove the skins so here you go!!!!
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts (they will usually have a brown skin on them)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional-I usually leave it off because I am using nuts in sweets)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the nuts out on a metal baking pan or a large sheet pan with ridges.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are very hot and fragrant.
- Carefully dump nuts into a dish towel which you’ve spread across the counter - a ridged dish towel or one with some sort of embroidery works well because it provides more friction.
- Bring the ends of the dish towel up around the still-hot hazelnuts and wrap them up like a present.
- Using your hands, rub them between the towel and the work surface so that the friction created by the rubbing loosens the skin.
- Discard the skins and enjoy the toasted hazelnuts whole or crush them for your favorite recipe.
This is a quick and easy way to get rid of hazelnut skins. Thanks so much for posting. The only problem is that I now want to eat all the hazelnuts. :)
Love Toasted Hazelnuts! This makes removing the skins easy. Used them in Pear & Hazelnut Salad With Crystallized Ginger Dressing and then this morning add some to my oatmeal along with some chopped dried apricots YummYmmYmm. Thanks for the post.
Great for toasted hazelnuts!!!! There is no flavor like toasted hazelnuts and I am glad to have this easy method of removing the skins. Used these toasted nuts for Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon and they were fabulous!!! Thanks!!!!