1/5 Photos of Toasted Hazelnuts
Ina Pickle's Note:
I love hazelnuts and I didn't see a recipe for how to toast them then remove the skins so here you go!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spread the nuts out on a metal baking pan or a large sheet pan with ridges.
- 3Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are very hot and fragrant.
- 4Carefully dump nuts into a dish towel which you’ve spread across the counter - a ridged dish towel or one with some sort of embroidery works well because it provides more friction.
- 5Bring the ends of the dish towel up around the still-hot hazelnuts and wrap them up like a present.
- 6Using your hands, rub them between the towel and the work surface so that the friction created by the rubbing loosens the skin.
- 7Discard the skins and enjoy the toasted hazelnuts whole or crush them for your favorite recipe.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Hazelnuts
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.9
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g