Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
wonderfully savory, slightly different way to liven up your greenbeans
Make and share this Toasted Green Beans With Mustard Seeds and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (about 4 cloves)
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Trim the beans and chop the beans i half.
- Heat the oil and the butter on medium-high heat for a minute and add in the mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle and pop, this takes about 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat for a minute or so and then turn back the heat on low and add in the garlic and gently cook until the garlic is pale golden and fragrant. This takes less than a minute.
- Add in the green beans and stir well with the red chili powder and the salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the beans are cooked through.You may need to add a few tablespoons of water to keep the garlic and mustard from burning.
- Uncover, turn up heat to high and lightly char/brown the beans to your liking, being careful not to burn the spices.