Recipe by Bev
This is a recipe I have not tried, but looks good enough to serve to company! From Bon Appetit
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a FANTASTIC recipe I had made for the first time on the 27th of last month:) Not a single grain of this remained. My picky brother made sure this becomes a regular on our table(It's another thing that I'm cheating on his orders), lol.. I did substitute the chicken stock with 'Maggi vegetable broth with onions' that I prepared by dissolving 2 cubes of the same in 4 cups of water and brought it to boil, then used as stated in the recipe. I did not have cilantro or parsley at home, unfortunately, so I used fresh corriander leaves and fresh celery instead. I used oregano(dried) for marjoram(as when I clicked on "marjoram", Zaar said that it's actually oregano! I was thrilled to read that because I had oregano on hand). My house was smelling of garlic from one end to the other, and mmm, boy it smelt incredible! I did not use any salt(as broth contains salt already) or pepper. This rice "has to" be served "hot" to be enjoyed best. I "loved" the taste of the garlic and oregano the most in this. "It is a meal on its own and a great one at that" is what my family and our guests commented.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice in strainer.
- Rinse under cold water until water runs clear.
- Drain well.
- Bring broth and lime juice to simmer in medium saucepan.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; sauté until golden and sticky, about 1 minute.
- Add rice; stir 2 minutes.
- Add hot broth mixture and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Add herbs and lime peel to rice; fluff with fork.
- Season with additional salt, if desired.