1/1 Photo of Toasted Garlic Rice with Herbs and Lime
This is a recipe I have not tried, but looks good enough to serve to company! From Bon Appetit
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1Place rice in strainer.
- 2Rinse under cold water until water runs clear.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Bring broth and lime juice to simmer in medium saucepan.
- 5Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 6Add garlic; sauté until golden and sticky, about 1 minute.
- 7Add rice; stir 2 minutes.
- 8Add hot broth mixture and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to boil.
- 9Reduce heat to low; cover.
- 10Cook until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- 11Turn off heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- 12Add herbs and lime peel to rice; fluff with fork.
- 13Season with additional salt, if desired.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Garlic Rice with Herbs and Lime
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 332.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: