Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
If you are an extreme garlic-lover then increase the garlic amount, don't omit the olive oil it really makes a difference to the taste --- you will love this!
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (or Italian bread, use a 1-pound loaf)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I use seasoned salt)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- Slice the bread into about 1 to 1-1/2-inch thick slices using a serrated knife.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons soft butter (10 tablespoons) with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, and salt until well combined.
- Add in black pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture over the bread slices.
- Place the slices onto a baking sheet.
- Broil for about 4 minutes or until slightly brown (watch closely these will brown quickly!).
- Remove then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese onto each slice, return to broiler for about 2 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
OMG delicious!!! I've made it 3 days in a row and don't plan on stopping lol sooo gooood.
This was outstanding. I agree that the mix of olive oil and butter makes all the difference. Be very careful to only give it the 2 min after you add the cheese, browns quickly.
Great garlic bread, loved the melted mozza on top.