Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This 10 minute red sauce recipe will have you creating it even when you are in a hurry.
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces tomato puree
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, petite
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Shred garlic on box grater or chop fine.
- Toast! the garlic in the oil, Do not burn.
- Add sauce and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add shredded basil at the end.
- Serve as a dipping sauce or over pasta.
Deliciously simple. Made for dinner tonite. Used elephant garlic as it is a bit more mild and when roasted or sauteed is sweeter. Used diced tomatoes that were Contadina brand that had burgendy wine in it. So very good and very simple. Served of organic spelt spaghetti. Delicious flavor, light, but very substantial. Thanks for sharing.