1/2 Photos of Toasted Couscous with Almonds and Raisins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat.
- 2Add the couscous and toast the grains, stirring or shaking the pan frequently, until the grains become brown and fragrant.
- 3Transfer to a plate.
- 4Add the almonds to the hot skillet and toast them in the same way, stirring frequently.
- 5Transfer them to another plate.
- 6Bring the stock to a boil with the celery, salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne.
- 7Simmer about 3 minutes or until the celery is slightly softened.
- 8Add the couscous and raisins to the saucepan and stir gently just to mix.
- 9Cover the pan, remove from the heat, and allow to stand about 5 minutes or until the couscous is tender.
- 10Add the almonds to the couscous and, with a fork, stir the mixture lightly to fluff up the grains.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Couscous with Almonds and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.2
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: