Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 medium ears of corn
- 4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, peeled,shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- shredded fresh basil (to garnish)
- freshly-cracked black pepper
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ears of corn and saute, turn frequently until lightly browned.
- Remove ears from pan and let cool.
- In a 4-quart pan combine broth, carrot, onion and garlic.
- Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Cut corn-kernels off cobs.
- Add to broth and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls or mugs.
- Top with shredded basil and cracked black pepper.