Recipe by RecipeNut
These cookies are loaded with coconut and toasted is YUMMMM! I always use almond extract! Cooking time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by Chandra M
These were absolutely delicious. I love toasted coconut, and it shines through in these little wafers. I did have a hard time keeping the dough together to roll it, but I think it is because my kitchen is so cold. When it warms up here I will make them again to be sure and upgrade my rating if that is the culprit.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar, almond extract, and salt; beat until combined. Beat in egg yolk. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour and 1 cup toasted coconut.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 8 inch roll. Brush rolls with egg white, then roll in 1 1/2 cups coconut to coat. Wrap rolls in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut rolls into 1/4 inch slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire rack; cool.