Recipe by Kim Petro
Also from Martha Stewart Living...served with "Honey Roasted Eggplant with Chiles" #256253
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Simple and delicious, thank you Kim, loved that sweetish coconut flavour even though I'm not a big lover of coconut. Thank you for a nice change to a staple grain in our home, made for Spring PAC 2013
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 236.59 ml basimati rice
- 473.18 ml water
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook coconut, stirring, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Set aside 2 TBS. coconut. Stir rice into pan with remaining coconut. Add water and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved coconut and scallions.