1/2 Photos of Toasted Coconut Rice
Kim Petro's Note:
Also from Martha Stewart Living...served with "Honey Roasted Eggplant with Chiles" #256253
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook coconut, stirring, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- 2Set aside 2 TBS. coconut. Stir rice into pan with remaining coconut. Add water and salt, and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, and simmer covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4Garnish with reserved coconut and scallions.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.1
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 161.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g