Recipe by nranger7
Not sure where I picked up this recipe. I like the addition of oats and nuts which a lot of other coconut cookie recipes don't have. I don't like too much coconut so the oats and nuts tone down the coconut taste. I usually toast the coconut and nuts while preheating the oven.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 354.88 ml quick-cooking oats
- 354.88 ml flaked coconut, toasted
- 177.44 ml chopped walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in oats, coconut and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack.